Release Manager - US Remote
We are looking for a Release Manager to help our collaborative team of developers and technologists at BASIC/DEPT®.
BASIC®/DEPT® is a global collective of creatives, makers, and thinkers, driven by bold ideas and diverse perspectives — a place where shared values collide, but also a place to champion, celebrate, and uplift our differences. Focused on transforming brands and culture around the world, BASIC®/DEPT® is a place where diverse individuals come together to create the best work of our lives.
WHAT YOUR FRIENDS THINK YOU DO:
- Build websites for brands that make a difference
WHAT YOU WILL ACTUALLY DO:
- Schedule, plan, and control the software development and delivery lifecycle
- Consult with internal teams to ensure alignment on requirements
- Create, delegate, and guide the flow of technical tasks for development teams
- Identify technical debt and risks that can impede development teams
- Identify issues with the development lifecycle, and make changes to unblock progress
- Coordinate release schedules and resources with project leadership depending on requirements, budgets, and timelines
- Work closely with, and communicate status and updates between project leadership, production teams, product owners, and development teams
- Monitor quality of work through smoke testing and visual QA
- Lead Go-Live or launch activities during deployments
- Manage the day-to-day health and progress of development projects and deliverables
GREAT IF YOU:
- Are a certified scrum master or have similar experience and are a master of task management
- Have extensive experience with CI/CD platforms, and understand their role in the software development process
- Have an understanding of software development, UI/UX, and what it takes to produce and deliver high caliber products
- Have experience working in a variety of team models and sizes
- Are a proactive problem solver capable of identifying and mitigating potential risks
- Understand digital best practices and the foundations they come from
- Relate well to creative people and have a taste for visual design
EVEN BETTER IF YOU:
- Have experience working with code repositories, pull/merge requests, development operations (DevOps), GitOps and branch management strategies
- Have delivered products using Vercel, Netlify, and/or CircleCI
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- Full benefits which include medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Competitive 401k plan with employer matching contributions effective after 6 months of employment;
- BASIC will pay 100% towards Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance;
- 3 paid vacation days; (temp employees that are 6 month contract)
- 3 paid sick days; or amounts higher as required by state/local laws (prorated based on date of hire);
- Cell Phone & Data Reimbursement
- This is a temp-to-perm position
We are part of DEPT® which is a B Corp.
About DEPT®: DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
WHAT WE SUPPORT:
B/D® is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of creators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
B/D® is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
BASIC/DEPT® participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.