Program Manager, Design Systems●
The Program Manager is an integral part of the BASIC client team and helps to provide support to one of its major clients.Apply Now ↗
Program Managers develop programs that drive a design goal forward, work with cross-functional partners, and provide clarity and accountability in owning large surface areas of design impact. This role is focused on driving the usage, effectiveness, and adoption of design systems, living at the intersection of program management and design ops. This is a truly unique opportunity to help lead a world-class product design squad and work with one of the world’s biggest brands.
What You'll Do:
- Establish efficient and effective working practices between the teams that contribute to our design systems, and amplify the effectiveness of this complex, cross-disciplinary program across design and engineering.
- Design and facilitate processes to track and communicate design systems adoption progress across the program of work, ensuring engineering and design teams are on track.
- Help drive the overall roadmap: helping the design infrastructure team define scope, capture and collect feedback from external stakeholders and users of the system. Once a roadmap is defined, help define the deliverables, schedules, and coordinate the release planning across external product design and engineering teams.
- Work with partners across engineering and design, foster cross-functional relationships, and facilitate discussions that drive resourcing discussions that drive adoption of the design system forward.
- Manage and optimize the process for the team to log issues, prioritize, and resolve visual and functional bugs for the different libraries of the design system.
- In partnership with Design Leads, create and socialize processes for how designers and engineers will adopt and contribute to the system. Drive adoption of developed processes across the organization.
- Organize roadshows and training on the design system to our design, engineering, product teams.
- Guide quarterly planning and develop measurable OKRs that align with essential Design initiatives. Drive the measurement of these OKRs and help the team stay accountable.
- Develop, organize, and oversee project/program reviews, planning sessions, and QA processes that ensure we can ship our system at quality.
- Enable continuous improvement during and after projects, by driving cross-team retrospectives, documenting learnings, and making meaningful changes for future efforts.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years working in Design Ops, Technical Program Management or Design Program Management, or similar experience.
- You may have some design or UI engineering experience in your past, or have the equivalent understanding/empathy for these disciplines to drive forward these programs.
- Experience with project management tools like JIRA, Asana or similar and ability to utilize these tools effectively to plan projects.
- Understands the agile development process and has experience working with technical project managers and engineers.
- Passionate about design – a strong advocate for designers, design systems as well as the users they design for.